Congratulations on your next Baptism! We are glad tha tyou want to celebrate it, as it is an impornatn day to value pur faith, and thank God for it. Therefore we want to help you in the best possible way and we give you the following information:
We accept only children from families who belong to this parish for Baptism. Anyone who attends Mass here is considered a member of our parish, you need to have the permission of your own parish which must be presented at the time of registration. Baptisms are for children up to 6 yeara old. If your child is older, he/she must attend our catechism program.
FOR PARENTS TO REGISTER
- Only parents or guradians may request the Baptism
- Child's birth certificate
- Fee: $75.00
- Look for sponsors who meet the necessary requirements
- Note: The requirements for Godparents are to be applied by person not by couple.
- Godparents must be Catholics, over 16 years of age, have fullfilled all the sacraments of initiation and if they are married they must be married by the Catholic Church.
- If they are single, they must present the certificate of Confirmation. If they are married they must present the marriage certificate by the Catholic Church.
- Children can have a maximum of two Godparents (male and female), they can also have only a Godparent or a Godmother.
FOR PARENTS AND GODPARENTS
- Must attend the pre-baptismal class on the date given at the time of registration.
Baptismal Preparation Classes
IF BAPTIZING AT ST. ANTHONY'S
- Class date will be given at the time of Baptism Registration
- If any of the parties do not live in the area, they can go to a different Church and receive the Baptism Preparation and bring the proof of attendance at least one week beofre the day of the Baptism.
- If you already attended this type preparation in the term not exceeding one year, you are only asked to bring the proof of attendace.
- Classes are held of Friday at 6:45 in Spanish and 7:00 pm in English. The place and date will be given at the time of registration.
Baptism preparation must be taken before de Baptism date or the proof letter must be presented, if not, the Baptism will have to be postponed.
IF BAPTIZING AT A DIFFERENT PARISH
- Stop by or call the Parish Office to ask for the schedule of Pre-Baptismal Classes.
- Once you have the schedule please register by phone or in person for the class.
- Class is free, however there is a $10.00 fee for the letter of completion given the following Tuesday of the class.
- Classes are held of Friday at 6:45 pm in Spanish and 7:00 pm in English. The place and date will be given at the time of registration.